What is Included on this Web Site:
- Caid Chancellor of the Exchequer Staff Listing
- Caid Local Chancellors of the Exchequer Listing
- Reporting Dates: Due dates for reporting
- *** New Online Report: Online Reports ***
- TOOLS: Forms, Procedures and Links (“How to do it”)
- Tip-ets Tips, Helpful Hints, Suggestions Good Advice from other exchequers
- Position Details
Shire of Al Sahid - Trifona Anastasiia Dodovicha - email@example.com
Barony of Altavia - Eirikr Mjoksiglandi - firstname.lastname@example.org
Barony of the Angels - Baron Timotheus Zacharia - email@example.com
Barony of Calafia - Thea Northernridge - firstname.lastname@example.org
Deputy - Fia Naheed
Canton of Poll na Gainmhe - Lasairiona inghean Gheibheannaigh - email@example.com
Canton of Summergate - Guenivere Marian Coe - firstname.lastname@example.org
Canton of Tanwayour - Magdalene Katherine MacDonald - email@example.com
Shire of Carreg Wen - Aidan Brandr Arinbjornson - exchequer@carregwen
Shire of Darach - Alia La Rousse - exchequer@ firstname.lastname@example.org
Barony of Dreiburgen - Aldgytha of Ashwood - email@example.com
Canton of Mons Draconis - Juliana Romfere - firstname.lastname@example.org
Canton of Gallavally - Vivienne Duval - email@example.com
Barony of Dun Or - Ciar ingen Daire - firstname.lastname@example.org
Barony of Gyldenholt - Ida Haroldsdotter - email@example.com
Deputy - Leonora Morgana
Shire of the Isles - Delphine de Montaillou - firstname.lastname@example.org
Barony of Lyondemere - Conchobhar Mac Coinaoith - email@example.com
Barony of Naevehjem - Muirgheal inghean Sheumais - firstname.lastname@example.org
Barony of Nordwache - Joan Silvertoppe - email@example.com
Barony of Starkhafn - Siwan ferch Rhys ap Hywel - firstname.lastname@example.org
Deputy - Guy of Starkhafn
Barony of Western Seas - Duibheasa ingen ui n'Ealaighthe - email@example.com
Canton of Peridot Isle - Aelesia Marschall - firstname.lastname@example.org
Shire of Wintermist - Wihtstan Gravenor - email@example.com
Collegium Caidis - Hrorek Halfdane of Faulconwood - firstname.lastname@example.org
Crown Prints - Ismay of Giggleswick - email@example.com
Great Western War - Richenda Elizabeth Coffin - firstname.lastname@example.org
Heralds - Avicia de Na Baiona - email@example.com
Quarter Months Due Date
1 January - March April 30th
2 April - June July 30th
3 July - September October 30th
4 October - December January 30th
Doomsday January - December February 15th
OnLine Quarterly Report - Submitting required quarterly report
OnLine Event Report - Submitting Event report to both the Kingdom Seneschal and Exchequer
Please use this report for all events in CAID
Publications and Forms
** Kingdom Financial Policy ** - (PDF file - Board Approved Date:April 28, 2012)
Non-Member Surcharge Submission Form - Submitting NMS to Kingdom
Event Budget Form - To assist an autocrat in planning an event
Check Request Form - Request from to get checks
Event Chain of Custody - This form helps track cash for your gate box
Deposit Record Form - This forms help track bank deposits
Cash Voucher / Reimbursement Request Form - This forms is for reimbursement for events
Auction Sales Tax Remittance Form - This forms is for calculating and submitting taxes against an auction
Budget Work Sheet - This is a blank Excel spreadsheet that can be used for your yearly budgets.
Account Deposit Record Form - This form is to be used when dealing with bank deposits.
Kingdom Exchequers' Handbook
Local Exchequers' Handbook
Society Financial Policy
Warrant of Appointment to Financial Office: PDF or Word document
Review of Books Report Excell file
Regarding the use of SCA funds to purchase gifts
IRS Letter confirming the SCA's 501(c)(3) status PDF, 811Kb
Corporate Resolution from the Board, regarding Banks 75Kb
Why and how the Non-Member Surcharge is to be collected
SCA Financial Report Forms
Kingdom of Caid regalia site
Society Chancellor of the Exchequer
TIP-ETS - Tips, Helpful Hints, Suggestions Good Advice from other exchequers.
- Use a standard size piece of paper to attach all receipts (makes filing and finding much easier).
- If using duplicate cheques, attached the "carbon copy" of the cheque to the associated documentation (bills, receipts, invoices), to tie the cash outlay (the cheque) to the supporting document(s).
- Include NMS collected in "Event Income", not in "Other Income"
- Include NMS payments sent to Kingdom as
- "Transfer-out Within Kingdom" (US-to-US)
- Use "Transfer-in" and "Transfer-out" only for transfers between branches in the SAME COUNTRY; use "Contributions Received" and "Donations to Another Non-Profit Organization" for transactions that cross the border.
- Refer to the report form instructions (Chapter 8, SCA Chancellor of the Exchequer's Handbook); the SCA's version of "Fund Accounting" can seem a bit funny. Also good to read Appendix G, "Doublentry Bookkeeping, Basic Concepts and Practices".
- Don't count deposits (money-in) for repayment of gate change or site deposits as Event Income. All money-out for gate-change, etc. should be recorded as a "Receivable" until paid back, and all Deposits should be recorded as "Other Assets". Re-payment (money-in) should just offset the original transaction (money-out).
- Make sure that figures on the Balance Sheet and Income Statement tie to the supporting worksheets in the Financial Report packet. Working back-to-front on the packet can help ensure this.
Send in your best practices, helpful hints, tips, and suggestions to be included here.