|Book Heraldry||Court heraldry|
- Explanation of the heraldic submission process, and some other tidbits of heraldic information of possible interest to the non-herald
- A set of the required heraldic submission forms for the College of Heralds of Caid
- Links to on-line searchable O & A (There are several databases with this information, so this link is to the list on the SCA Heralds' site. Try them in the order listed.) The Ordinary and Armorial is a listing of all items registered with the SCA College of Arms, and is useful in checking new submissions for conflicts.
- The monthly Minutes for the College of Heralds of Caid.
- Possibly coming soon: Heraldic graphics for use on submission forms
- Proposed: an "in process" search for people who want to know what happened to their submissions
- Titles and contact information for Caid's heralds
- Future meeting dates for the Kingdom College of Heralds: February 1, March 8, April 12, May 17, June 21.
- There is a Google Calendar for the College which is kept updated as things evolve. The calendar is called Caid College of Heralds; its ID is email@example.com. If your calendar program prefers an XML feed, you can find that here: https://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/dlv5i5bjtul69lt23fggc89p14%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic
- The meetings are held at the home of Jeanne Marie Lacroix, Noir Licorne Herald Extraordinary. Please contact Paul fitz Denis, Dolphin Herald for location and directions.
An emailed summary of the submissions are required before midnight on the Thursday before the meeting and should include:
- Legal name and e-mail address (physical address - including city, state and zip - if no e-mail address is available).
- SCA name being submitted or as registered.
- A summary of what is being submitted including brief name documentation and sources.
- How the submission is being paid for - cash or check/money order number and amount.
Submissions summaries can be filled out here
. If using this link please use Da'ud notation as accented characters and non-Latin characters are generally not processed correctly. Note that all formatting is lost when submitting summaries via the web form. Alternatively, you make e-mail submission summaries directly to Dolphin using the above format or the pre-minute format found here
The house will open at 9AM. The meeting will start at 11AM with a potluck lunch at 12:30 (give or take 15 minutes). A limited supply of sodas will be provided. The house will close at 6PM. If the meeting finishes before that, and it should, there are three options: head home, use the pool and/or spa (swim at your own risk), or join a commenting group. We will be commenting on submissions at the kingdom level (in other kingdoms) or at the Society level (in OSCAR). Volunteers are needed during the meeting to create/update submission folders, record financial and summary information, scan, and take minutes. There are instructions available for each task.
Additional laptops/netbooks/etc. are always welcome. There are plenty of seats, but if you chose to bring a chair please make sure that it is wooden floor friendly (smooth feet, nothing to scratch the floor).
There are two cats - they think they own the house so be prepared. Neither of these animals is to be allowed outside.
- Future meeting dates can be found in the minutes and in the announcement section of the CP.
Information for Heralds